Our plans aim provide our students with a high quality, state of the art learning facility that sits comfortably with its surrounding environment.
We are proposing to achieve this through consolidating all of the Academy operations to the Cotuit Hall site, which are currently split between the Cotuit Hall and the International Language School further down Pullens Lane.
While the design of the scheme seeks to:
- Encourage greater conservation
- Reflects local heritage
- Provide landscaping that will shield neighbours and enhance the local area.
Our revised plans for Cotuit Hall will enable the site to become a fully functioning integrated school.
- Key features of the new proposals include:
- Reduced building heights in comparison to the previous proposals.The new buildings will be of similar heights to the existing blocks they replace.
- Reduction in the number of proposed students attending the school. We are now proposing sleeping accommodation for 244 students and teaching accommodation for 300 students. Theprevious proposals sought sleeping accommodation for 300 students and teaching accommodation for 408 students
- Reconfiguration of the main circulation routes through the site to bring the majority of movement into internal spaces to mitigate noise impact on neighbours
- The new entrance to the school is placed on the north of Cotuit Hall and movement through the interior of the new buildings
- The new building proposed in the land to the west is excavated and would present only a single storey above ground, and its rooms look inwards to a central court with no windows towards neighbouring properties
- The introduction of planted screening on the facades of the two existing dormitory blocks to reduce angular views across neighbouring properties
You can view our more details of the scheme here: